The National Safety Bank and Trust Co. was established in 1928 and seems to have opened its first branches in 1930. These were located at 1384 Broadway at 38th St. and 275 7th Ave. at 26th St. (later this branch moved a block further up 7th Ave. to 305 7th Ave. at 27th St.). They also had 2 branches in the Bronx: 1761 Boston Road at E. 174th St. and 9 E 167th St. at Jerome Ave.
The National Safety Bank and Trust Co. went out of business in 1951 when it merged to the State Chemical Bank & Trust Co. The State Chemical Bank & Trust Co. later (1954) merged with the Corn Exchange Bank and became Chemical Corn Exchange Bank. A sign for the Corn Exchange Bank appears on E. 29th St.
< previous || next > index map signs by date signs by name