Abington Warehouses occupied space here from approximately 1932 to 1958. A number of images found on the New York Public Library's digital collections show Abington signs on both sides of the street at this location. See, for instance, this one from 1936 with the large ABINGTON on the north side and the smaller overhang sign on the south. The north side of the street was probably 515 W. 36th St.
This classified ad for "Dead Storage" at the Abington Warehouses appeared in the New York Times, 22 Oct. 1933. A similar ad from 1949 does not mention price (click for image).
< previous || next > index map signs by date signs by name see what's new