People's Flowers relocated from W. 27th St. to 792 6th Ave. in 1944. Their address changed to 786 6th Ave. around 1980. So these signs probably date from that time.
People's left this location in the mid-1990s. The recent (2000-2003) invasion of new residential housing in this area has destroyed these signs. (Actually, a small fragment of the sign across the street in this picture can still be seen as of Feb., 2004.)
< previous || next > index map signs by date signs by name