Mizrach Kosher Provisions was located on 13th St. from around 1950 to 1964, where they were also known as Mizrach Kosher Poultry. Around 1964 they moved to 413 W. 14th St., the address referred to in the sign. They were in business here for some 20 years, mid-1960s to mid-1980s.
In the early 1970s Mizrach Kosher Provisions were involved in a takeover of the kosher meat business by Mafia boss, John (Johnny Dio) Dioguardi, according to a story in Newsday, 30 Sept. 1971, pg. 4.
This ad for Mizrach Kosher Provisions, a division of North River Meat Co. at 449 W. 13th St., dates from 1954.
This sign was located on 15th street near 9th Avenue.
< previous || next > index map signs by date signs by name see what's new